Hold a Food Drive
Feeding Families in Parker County
Food drives are great way to help our neighbors. By collecting non-perishable items, you not only are helping families in Parker County, but you are raising awareness towards hunger in our community.
With all of us working together, we can fight hunger and give hope.
Here are some easy tips for holding your own food drive:
- Decide when you would like to hold your drive. Although the holidays are a popular time of year, food is needed year-round. You might consider holding a drive in the spring or summer when supply is especially low.
- Decide how long to hold your food drive. Will it be one day, a week or a month? Or perhaps this is an ongoing effort? It’s entirely up to you.
- Do you want to collect food and/or money? We need both! 86% of every gift goes directly to programs helping children and families in Parker County.
- Distribute a preferred food list for people to donate. Center of Hope’s preferred food list can be found here.
- Food can be dropped off at 1318 Clear Lake Road in Weatherford, or call us at 817-594-0266 ext. 309 if you need the items to be picked up.
Your efforts will make a big difference in helping feed those less fortunate in the community.