In Christ-like service, equipping and empowering people to live successful, joy-filled lives.
Through more than 23 years of service, Center of Hope has learned that while addressing the material aspects of poverty is important, true rehabilitation and restoration are only achieved through long-term solutions. We have focused our work on an integrated service model that addresses the holistic needs of individuals and leads them to a path of economic independence and improved quality of life.
- Every Person has value – regardless…
- Relationships are essential to discover the root of the problem
- Effective assistance requires accountability
- Long-term solutions require personal investment
- Success is achieved through addressing physical, educational and spiritual needs
Acceptance: Because we have experienced the grace of Christ, we believe that every person should be valued and respected with similar grace.
- Hebrews 13:2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.
Connections: We value listening to every person’s story and investing the time to nurture long-term relationships that offer encouragement and stability.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
Empowerment: We value empowering the unique gifts and calling of each person with individualized plans of service.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Success: We believe that success is achieved through addressing physical, educational, and spiritual needs that instill hope and purpose within each individual.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not evil, to give you a future and a hope.
We envision that Center of Hope will be at the leading edge of a movement to push back hopelessness in Parker County, Texas. Our organization will consistently radiate waves of hope that generate transformation within our sphere of influence. This transformation will reduce the level of poverty, break generational cycles of poverty, increase levels of self-sufficiency, improve life and job skills, and foster increased attitudes of caring within our community.
Our desire is to instill hope in our community by exemplifying God’s expectations expressed in Micah 6:8, “to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God.” We will draw alongside of churches, businesses and individuals who share our desire of creating a community of hope that produces the opportunity for people to live successful, joy-filled lives.
The gauge of our accomplishment will be found in the satisfaction of:
- Our staff members who thrive in their role of serving others
- Our volunteers who experience fulfillment of their personal calling by serving with us
- Our donors who discover the value of investing in our cause
- Our partners who share our dream and multiply hope
- Our participants whose lives have been transformed by their encounter with hope
By God’s grace, he will use our organization to leave his imprint of love and hope on the community that he has called us to serve.