SIGN UP FOR OUR E-Newsletter


Adult Education

Adult Education

For more than 12 years, Center of Hope’s Adult Education program is committed to meeting the needs of the Parker County community by helping adults acquire skills in reading, writing, math, English language proficiency, and problem-solving to be productive workers, family members, and citizens. This program is provided free of charge and childcare is offered on-site.

Click here to view upcoming classes.

To enroll in this program or for questions, please contact Pat Johnson at 817.594.0266 or

Basic Literacy

Through tutors and reading specialists, Center of Hope offers a basic literacy program to students of any learning level. Through an assessment administered at the Center, tutors are able to customize a learning program for each student depending on their goal. This program focuses on adult learners who wish to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to gain employment and self-sufficiency, obtain a secondary school credential, or help with college prep or work certifications.

GED Tutoring

For students who desire to earn their High School Equivalency, we offer students one-on-one tutoring in the four GED® testing areas: Reasoning Through Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematical Reasoning. Through an assessment administered at the Center, tutors will help analyze strengths and weaknesses and then customize a learning plan to help students succeed in all areas of the GED® test.

ESL (English Second Language):

ESL classes are offered in 16-week semesters in the fall and spring. Classes are available in six levels – beginners to advanced. For most students, one level takes a year to complete. This course is designed for students to improve listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in English.

Click here to view upcoming classes.

Citizenship Preparation

This 8-week class helps legal residents pass the citizenship test given by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, so they can assume full participation in U.S. civic society. In order to enroll in this class, students must have the following qualifications:

  • Able to speak, read, and write Basic English
  • Be 18 yrs. old or older at the time of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
  • Be a lawful, permanent resident (have a “Green Card”)
  • Demonstrate continuous permanent residence in the US for at least 5 years. (In some cases, this may be 3 years if you are married to a US citizen.)
  • Show that you have been physically present in the US for 30 months. (In some cases, this may be 18 months if you are married to a US citizen.)
  • Show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the state or USCIS district where you claim residence.

Click here to view upcoming classes.

Contact Us

Please call 817-594-0266 or complete the form below and we will be in contact shortly.