Parker County Center of Hope is accepting applications for a Volunteer Coordinator.
To apply for this position, first read the job description and qualifications below. Then, submit your resume (PDF or Word format) to Jana Marbut Ray at email@example.com.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for all volunteer positions, long-term and short-term opportunities. This includes group and individual volunteer opportunities and volunteer opportunity development at COH and The Hope Chest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, supervise, and retain volunteers
- Develop new opportunities for volunteers
- Schedule groups and maintain a calendar for serving in the kitchen
- Provide tours for new volunteers
- Develop and maintain COH volunteer procedures
- Maintain a volunteer database and complete statistical data and reports, to include data input on ETO, as required by the Director of Operations
- Design and coordinate volunteer appreciation activities
- Attend Center of Hope staff and Operations’ team meetings.
- Work collaboratively with all programs and departments to understand needs and fill volunteer opportunities/positions
- Participate in individual and group training activities as requested and appropriate through Center of Hope.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities to further professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferred
- Experience working with volunteers – preferred
- S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in Community Service
- Ability to direct people as they work on projects together to accomplish meaningful goals.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions while supervising individuals and groups of volunteers
- Proficient in computer literacy: Microsoft Word and Excel for reporting.
- Actively involved in a church
- This is a part-time position of approximately 25 hours per week.
- The work Week is Monday-Thursday. Although primary working hours are during the day, on occasion, some evening and/or weekend work will be required to complete tasks.
- Time spent representing COH or conducting other Center business away from the main buildings shall be included in the hours of work listed.