Fall 2014: Purchased land and facility
Fall 2016: Engineering study, architect fees & demolition expenses, etc.
Spring 2018: New roof and refacing of the building’s exterior
Our plan is to complete the new building project by December 2019.
BECAUSE OF GOD’S ABUNDANT PROVISION, IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS WE HAVE:
- Paid $625,250 for seven acres and a huge old
- Paid $471,000 for demolition, engineering, consulting, and architect fees
- Paid $936,000 for a new roof and a complete refacing of the exterior
- Successfully opened The Hope Chest resale store
- Added staff for Adult Basic Education programs
- Added a new job training program – Careers Now Construction
- Been awarded “Non-Profit of the Year”
- Completed a 9-month process of redefining our mission, vision, values, and measures
BUILDING UPDATE – END OF YEAR FINISH DATE!
JRJ Construction and their teams have been hard at work to stay on track with our November 2019 finish date!
- Interior and final construction began in March this year
- Plumbing and HVAC have been installed
- Framing for interior walls is almost complete
- Drywall installation has begun
- The mezzanine for future staff offices is being prepared…and more!
We are overwhelmed by the Lord’s faithfulness and the generosity of our supporters!
Your gift to our new building will help us complete the finishing touches and continue empowering individuals in Parker County. In our October 2018 update, $2,200,000 was needed to complete this project. Because of generous hearts, we are only $1.2 million away from opening our new doors!
Will you help us cross the finish line?
GIVE BY MAIL, ONLINE OR TEXT
- Center of Hope | PO BOX 190 | Weatherford, Tx 76086
- Give online at www.centerofhopetx.com/donate
- Text HOPE to 817-717-5055
Please mark gifts as building fund.
The goals of this project are to increase the effectiveness of our current programs and identify and develop new programs which will directly impact the lives of individuals living in crisis/poverty:
- Crisis Assistance Area: Larger advising area with more private meeting rooms; Larger pantry area allows for a “true shopping experience” for our 1,700 participants with over 6,000 shopping visits each year; Larger kitchen area for our 2,000 volunteers who serve each year; Upgrade residential appliances to commercial grade; Enlarged dining room will seat more participants and help serve over 13,000 meals.
- Family Empowerment: Currently, our Family Empowerment program is held in one room that is primarily used for storage. Additional space will allow us to expand opportunities by providing: children and youth teaching rooms (Study Club and AIM Youth Mentoring Program – a partnership with the Juvenile Probation System); a room for our women’s mentoring group (Refresh Women); private meeting areas for marriage and family counselors; a safe and secure child supervision/visitation area; a learning center for parents; and a library for kids and their families.
- Job Training Programs: A larger, upgraded space will allow for improvement and expansion of our job training programs: The Hope Chest Internship, Careers Now – Construction Industry and future programs such as Careers Now – Food Service Industry.
- Education and Career Development Program: Enlarge classrooms to allow 170 student encounters each month to function more effectively as well as offer privacy; Provide additional classrooms to allow for program growth and new learning opportunities; Dedicated computer lab filled with technology to provide over 4,800 classroom hours to students; Increase the number of private meeting rooms for life coaches which provide over 500 appointment hours each year; Additional rooms for one-on-one tutoring.
For more information on this project, please contact Paula Robinson at info@centerofhopetxcom.